Tom Thumb PreschoolWhy Tom Thumb?
Learn More about Tom Thumb
To find out more about Tom Thumb, please call (914) 528-5600 or email us to set up an appointment to visit Tom Thumb Preschool.
At your visit, you can tour our facilities, see our school in operation, ask your questions and have a conference about your child.
When evaluating Preschools for your child, consider the following. Never choose a Preschool solely on price; instead, make your selection based on the value your child will receive.
Consider this “Preschool Checklist” to get the best advantage for your child:
- Established for at least 20 years.
- Education & child development is the priority – not babysitting.
- Director must have at least 20 years of experience in education.
- Director & staff must love children, have credentials and expertise in early education.
- The school must have an excellent reputation with word of mouth recommendations.
- Classrooms run by qualified teachers.
- Teachers & Assistant Teachers with at least five years experience.
- A maximum of “staff-to-student” ratio of 1 to 7 or better
- Licensing by the New York State Department of Education and New York Office of Children and Family Services.
- Facilities that include: a small library, gym, playgrounds, and large classrooms.
- A full program that includes specialists and enrichment in: dance, drumming, science, French, Phys. ed, music, and art.
What Makes Tom Thumb Different?
- Early Education in Lakeland School District for over 52 years
- Tom Thumb is a private school
- Founded by an international experienced teacher
- Offering Educational Excellence since 1968.
- Over 11,000 Tom Thumb Graduates
Our program includes specialist in: French, Physical Ed, Music, Dance, Science, Drumming, & Open-ended Art
Our Enrichment program is from 2:15pm to 3:15pm.
- This allows students to have after school care until 6:00pm.
- This program includes Rhythm Instruments, Piano Keyboard, Xylophones, Puppeteer, Using Money, Horse Racing, Fun with Math, and “Nutcracker” dances with our dance specialist.
Tom Thumb’s Programs for 2,3, or 5 days per week:
- ThumBelina – First School for Two’s
- Preschool Programs for 3 to 5 year olds
- Gift of Time – designed for 5 year olds
- Stay & Play Safely Club – Before/After Care for Lakeland Students
- Catch Us If You Can – Summer Camp for 3 to 10 year olds
Before & After School Childcare
- 5, 3 or 2 days per week
- Hours: 6:50 am to 6 pm
Tom Thumb Preschool
- Licensed by New York State Department of Education
- Licensed by New York Office of Children and Family Services
- CPR and First Aid Certified
- Licensed by the Westchester County Health Department
- Member of Child Care Council of Westchester
- Specialists from public school districts are welcome
- Always Improving our Programs to serve our students
- Firehouse and Paramedics access 300 feet from our school
- 7 to 1 ratio of “students to staff” – Junior & Senior Preschool
- 5 to 1 ratio of “students to staff”- ThumBelina
- No registration fee or hidden fees (except for graduation)
- 20% discount for second child including ThumBelina
- 10% discount for all students whose parent attended Tom Thumb
- Spring Musical Show & Graduation performed by senior students
- Campus security & safety is continuously improved & practiced
- Video cameras monitoring building, hallways, classrooms, and playgrounds
- One-way mirrors are in most classroom doors
- Parents may visit anytime without notice to observe their child
- Visitors are always welcome – an appointment is necessary for security – same day appointments are available.
- After school gymnastics program available Dynamic Gymnastics
- Before and after school is always available
- “Catch Us If You Can” uses The Tom Thumb Campus
- All Tuitions on the Tom Thumb Campus are on this website
Outside Areas include:
- 3 very well equipped diverse playgrounds
- Large synthetic turf ball field
- Blacktop roadway with 35 riding toys
- Toddler only equipped playground
- Sports and outdoor game equipment
- All outdoor play areas are secure & fenced-in to the building
- Playgrounds are always supervised by staff
If you are interested in visiting our school, please call on (914) 528-5600 or email us to set up an appointment or click here. Our Director or Assistant Directors will meet with you and discuss our program, walk you through a tour of our facilities and talk with you about your child.