Tom Thumb PreschoolAbout Our Founder
One founder, one owner, one director, one mission and one vision since 1968
Introducing Our Founder — Nancy Brophy
Nancy Brophy is the founder and owner of the Tom Thumb Preschool which she established in 1968.
Nancy Brophy’s education started at the crossroads of the world, Panama, Canal Zone, where she attended a multi-racial and bilingual comprehensive high school. Nancy received the experience of a lifetime by being exposed to cultures from South America, Asia and Africa. She received a BS degree in Education from SUNY at Potsdam. Her college studies included a special program of visiting 11 countries in Europe with Wayne University.
She has graduate courses from Framingham State and Western Connecticut State colleges. Nancy has been a New York State accredited teacher her entire career and continues her professional education by regularly attending numerous workshops including the Madeline Hunter Model, Gesell Institute of Child Development, and the training courses taught by the Office of Children and Family Services each year.
- Peru, South America – taught 18 students, grades 1 through 8, all academic subjects
- Brewster NY Junior High School taught 8th grade English and History
- France-US Army School for Dependents, 7th and 8th grades all academic subjects
- Ashland, Mass. Junior High School, 7th grade World Political Geography and English
- Copper Beech Middle School, (Lakeland School District), 7thgrade History and English
- Director and active teacher at Tom Thumb Preschool since 1968
Westchester County Board of Legislators has expressed gratitude to Nancy Brophy. Click on web page to view Westchester County News and to find out more.